Re: [Debconfsubs-team] Subtitles publishing workflow

Le 23/06/2019 à 21:17, Wouter Verhelst a écrit :
> On Sun, Jun 23, 2019 at 07:01:08PM +0200, Thomas Vincent wrote:
>> Being the one that pings the DebConf video team each time a subtitle is
>> ready, I would really love not being a SPOF anymore.
>
> :-)
>
> One way in which things could be done somewhat automatically would be to
> have a git checkout of the subs repository on vittoria which is updated
> by cron and for which some script rsyncs files to apu (which is the
> master for meetings-archive.d.n)...

The subs repository can also be used to keep subs that are in progress.
With what you propose, I believe those unfinished subs would be
automatically published, right?

I guess we would just have to update our current (non-)workflow to use
dedicated branches for WIP subs and keep master for the subs ready for
publication.

> Then you'd only need to add a merge request to the archive-meta
> repository.

That'd be great.

>> Making the subs team a part of the video team (on Salsa) has already
>> been discussed last year but we never actually did it.
>
> Any idea why that is the case?

Not really. The discussion happened off-lists and probably everyone
forgot (I know I did).

Thomas