Re: [Debconfsubs-team] Subtitles publishing workflow

On 2019-06-23 6:02 p.m., Thomas Vincent wrote:
> Le 23/06/2019 à 21:17, Wouter Verhelst a écrit :
>> On Sun, Jun 23, 2019 at 07:01:08PM +0200, Thomas Vincent wrote:
>>> Being the one that pings the DebConf video team each time a subtitle is
>>> ready, I would really love not being a SPOF anymore.
>>
>> :-)
>>
>> One way in which things could be done somewhat automatically would be to
>> have a git checkout of the subs repository on vittoria which is updated
>> by cron and for which some script rsyncs files to apu (which is the
>> master for meetings-archive.d.n)...
>
> The subs repository can also be used to keep subs that are in progress.
> With what you propose, I believe those unfinished subs would be
> automatically published, right?
>
> I guess we would just have to update our current (non-)workflow to use
> dedicated branches for WIP subs and keep master for the subs ready for
> publication.

That'd be awesome!

You could also add a KGB webhook to the subs repository to send messages
to the #debconf-video channel. It would really help us see the work you
do and keep up with the subs team!

>> Then you'd only need to add a merge request to the archive-meta
>> repository.
>
> That'd be great.
>

>>> Making the subs team a part of the video team (on Salsa) has already
>>> been discussed last year but we never actually did it.
>>
>> Any idea why that is the case?
>
> Not really. The discussion happened off-lists and probably everyone
> forgot (I know I did).

Our next IRC meeting is on Tuesday June 25th from 18:00 to 19:00 UTC.
I've added a point to our agenda [1] about this. Let's make it happen!

If people from the substeam could be there (it's the first item on the
agenda) it'd be even better.

[1] http://deb.li/3aA7s |

--
  ⢀⣴⠾⠻⢶⣦⠀