Re: [Debconfsubs-team] Subtitles publishing workflow

On Mon, Jun 24, 2019 at 12:02:04AM +0200, Thomas Vincent wrote:
> Le 23/06/2019 à 21:17, Wouter Verhelst a écrit :
> > On Sun, Jun 23, 2019 at 07:01:08PM +0200, Thomas Vincent wrote:
> >> Being the one that pings the DebConf video team each time a subtitle is
> >> ready, I would really love not being a SPOF anymore.
> >
> > :-)
> >
> > One way in which things could be done somewhat automatically would be to
> > have a git checkout of the subs repository on vittoria which is updated
> > by cron and for which some script rsyncs files to apu (which is the
> > master for meetings-archive.d.n)...
>
> The subs repository can also be used to keep subs that are in progress.
> With what you propose, I believe those unfinished subs would be
> automatically published, right?
>
> I guess we would just have to update our current (non-)workflow to use
> dedicated branches for WIP subs and keep master for the subs ready for
> publication.

That's probably easiest, yes.

We'll also have to come up with a way to decide which sub goes into
which directory. I think the easiest way to do that is to ensure that
the files in the subs git repository match the files in the video
archive. That would mean it would not be possible to remove files,
however -- even if it is possible to tell rsync to only consider files
with a given extension, I don't want to miss an option or two after an
upgrade and start accidentally erasing the whole video archive.

--
To the thief who stole my anti-depressants: I hope you're happy

  -- seen somewhere on the Internet on a photo of a billboard