Re: [Debconf-video] A couple of petitions. Syncing subs files and consistency in video.debian.org

On Sun, Jul 31, 2016 at 11:58 AM, Peter 'p2' De Schrijver <p2@psychaos.be> wrote:
Not to mention subjective. We should rather mention resolution,
codec (including profile) and bitrate I think.

Not saying that this kind of metadata is not important to somebody predownload, but the origin of this discussion is to be able to select a main link to each video (current and future videos)

Right now that cant be done.

Subjective or not, I will have to choose the higher quality one for each of them as the main link for them when creating subtitles. I will probably go with higher resolution = better approach, but Im no video expert. I would be thankful if somebody marked the best videos versions in the first file I attached.

I have no experience making this kind of files, but the final file is going to need manual tweaking and be very similar to what I have already sent if no better ideas come up

{ year : { event : { video_title : { high/medium/low : link }}}}

If only one video version is available, it will be the high link.

Notice this only include videos and info relevant to me, since im still not convinced anybody but me is going to use this file

Also, I could prepare this file for a one shoot import, but I would like to know if there is interest in keeping this file up to date when new uploads are made. The idea is to get some official info on the videos so I dont have to sneak this info by parsing the site from time to time

Thank you!