Re: [Debconf-video] A couple of petitions. Syncing subs files and consistency in video.debian.org

On 30/07/16 08:39, alberto fuentes wrote <Stripped>:

Since you are asking just about ideas, I would recode everything and start anew to remove the cruft... although this is very unlikely to happen x)

I guess a metadata file would fix mostly every wacky decision past or future on the video tree. High/medium/low quality videos is the tag im thinking for the json file... there are old different formats not necessarily high/low quality. I will shoehorn this somehow :P
Metadata is probably a good solution.  perhaps you could offer a schema?

The problem with tags such as High, medium and low with regards to quality is that over time expectation of that these tags means drifts....

/Andy