Re: [Debconf-video] Request for Videoteam Budget increase

On Thu, Aug 07, 2014 at 04:18:14PM -0400, Eric Dantan Rzewnicki wrote:
> The DebConf Videoteam requests a budget increase for DebConf 14.
>
> Shipping cost Chicago <-> Portland of Carl Karsten's gear:        $2000
> Rental of screens, projectors and PA speakers for 3 rooms:         $900
> Purchase of hdmi to vga converters for presenters' laptops:        $200
> Buffer for miscellaneous expenses:
> (duct tape, batteries, unexpected/broken stuff, etc)               $500
>                                                                   -----
>                                                            Total: $3600

I don't see any problem here as a Chair, so it is approved from my
perspective, subject to the comments already in this thread that
miscellaneous expenses should be spelt-out or contained in the general
buffer, and that we should of course continue to seek ways to keep
spending to a minimum, such as by borrowing items or finding cheaper
ways to rent them.

As this is a new line item it would be polite to ping the DPL to ask
for either agreement that this isn't a material change from the
previous DPL-approved budget, or a new approval.

Moray