Re: [Debconf-video] FOSDEM video coverage

On Thu, Jan 05, 2012 at 03:23:14PM +0100, Holger Levsen wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Mittwoch, 4. Januar 2012, Wouter Verhelst wrote:
> > > So, where do we get encoding servers?
> >
> > As to hardware: I will have a few spare laptops, we can use some of those
> > as encoding "servers". They should be fairly modern, and thus capable
> > enough to do this. "a few" means: I have rented one more than I need,
> > strictly
> > speaking; the rental people said they'll add one extra "just in case";
> > and I also have my two-year-old personal HP laptop which I'm not
> > personally using but which otherwise is still in good enough condition.
> > If needs be, I can bring my DVD player (a 2.8Ghz Core2Duo or
> > thereabouts in a desktop case) as well. Four machines for transcoding
> > five DV streams should be plenty, and we can probably put all of them at
> > the NOC.
>
> so how many do you have in total?
>
> There are 6 in Paris and if needed, I could probably also bring an extra one.

Including the ones from Paris, excluding the ones I'm renting for other
people in the organization, there will be 6 (IRILL) + 8 (rental) + 1
(rental, probably, not confirmed) + 2 (mine) - 3 (two infodesk laptops,
one for lightning talks), for a grand total of 14.

We need two per room (a DVswitch/camera capture laptop, a twinpact
grabber laptop), so that leaves 10 spare.

Unless you think I'm miscalculating something.

[...]
the following formula:

pi zz a