Re: [Debconf-video] FOSDEM video coverage

Hi Philip,

thanks for jumping in.

On Dienstag, 3. Januar 2012, Philip Paeps wrote:
> ULB "doesn't like it" if we start interfering with classes (in fact, they
> get very upset) so there is a limit to what we can do in the morning.  In
> previous years, we've mainly moved equipment in, and laid down the wired
> network trunks running along the main corridors.  We can't get into the
> lecture rooms until classes are over.

when is it? (the earliest for one of the 5 rooms the video team is interested
in...)

is there a room where can put in our things early on friday morning (so, say
11 or 12 :) and which we then can use to hook devices together to test things?

aka a working room.

> Do not underestimate the time it takes to move equipment into the building.
> You may not be able to park in front of the building and have to ferry
> stuff from the parking lot above.

right

> Last year we had a gigabit uplink.  I haven't seen the paperwork from
> Belnet yet, but 50Mbit should not be a problem.  I will prod the people
> who know exactly what we get and report.

I'd much prefer encoding at ULB and then sending 5 1mbit streams to
fluendo.com, instead of sending two 25mbit links over there where fluendo.com
is hosting, which quite likely is in Spain.

I really doubt we have constant+uninterrupted 25mbit - and if we dont, the
stream will break. Then I would rather not do streaming.

So, where do we get encoding servers?

cheers,
	Holger