Re: [Debconf-video] Help: last review for videoteam text which goes to DC10 report

On Mon, Mar 14, 2011 at 02:16:58PM +0100, Holger Levsen wrote:
> Hi Tássia,
>
> On Sonntag, 13. März 2011, Tássia Camões wrote:
> > I'm helping Tiago with this. We have considered Holger's suggestions
> > and I have rephrased most of the text content, so please review it one
> > more time :)
>
> thank you to for your work on this, IMHO the text is much more readable now!
>
> Just some tiny remarks... (and please mind I'm not an English native speaker
> neither ;)
>
> > DebConf is one of the most fruitful moments of Debian development
> > throughout the year. Even though most part of code is not necessarily
> > written during those days, many team meetings take place and it is a great
> > opportunity for people to share ideas and plan out what to do when the
>
> s/out//

No, that would be grammatically incorrect. You can't use 'through' in
that context (or am I missing a second 'out'?)

[...]
> > Countless ideas have been proposed during Debconf talks and BOFs, discussed
> > by the audience (at the venue and remote) and worked on afterwards. As an
> > example, Joey Hess' Constantly Usable Testing proposal would have a minor
> > impact if it was not properly introduced for other developers. Furthermore,
>
> s/would have a minor impact/would probably have less impact/ - not sure about
> adding "probably" in that sentence, but it should definitly be "less impact",
> not "minor impact".

I agree with the 'probably'; this is an assumption that we can't be sure
about (because, well, it did happen that way and not the other).

[...]
> > The video setup is mostly made of software components instead of expensive
> > proprietary hardware. Not surprisingly, all pieces are free software, hence
>
> "proprietary video hardware"?!?

I think it's a good idea to contrast the non-freeness of any hardware
mixer you'll find out there against the fact that the software is
free...

[...]
> > one can easily make use of the video team experience without major
> > expenses.
> >
> > Typically, there are cameras pointing to the speaker and audience,
> > microphones to get audio from the speaker, audience and ambiance, as well
> > as a slide capturing
> > device. The video is grabbed via firewire and transfered to the

transferred

trying to fool the system.