Re: [Debconf-video] Help: last review for videoteam text which goes to DC10 report

Hi Tássia,

On Sonntag, 13. März 2011, Tássia Camões wrote:
> I'm helping Tiago with this. We have considered Holger's suggestions
> and I have rephrased most of the text content, so please review it one
> more time :)

thank you to for your work on this, IMHO the text is much more readable now!

Just some tiny remarks... (and please mind I'm not an English native speaker
neither ;)

> DebConf is one of the most fruitful moments of Debian development
> throughout the year. Even though most part of code is not necessarily
> written during those days, many team meetings take place and it is a great
> opportunity for people to share ideas and plan out what to do when the

s/out//

> conference is over. This moment is so important that those who want to take

                      these moments are

> part in Debian but do not follow up what happens during Debconf may feel
> like a fish out of water.
>
> Thanks to the video team, DebConf is not limited to those who manage to be
> away from home and work for one or two weeks. Two talk rooms were
> broadcasted all along DebConf10 to the entire world and the footages were
> archived for future access. During the talks, those who wanted to take part
> in a discussion, ask questions or give feedbacks could use the IRC channels
> for each talk room and someone at the venue would act as a communication
> relay.
>
> Countless ideas have been proposed during Debconf talks and BOFs, discussed
> by the audience (at the venue and remote) and worked on afterwards. As an
> example, Joey Hess' Constantly Usable Testing proposal would have a minor
> impact if it was not properly introduced for other developers. Furthermore,

s/would have a minor impact/would probably have less impact/ - not sure about
adding "probably" in that sentence, but it should definitly be "less impact",
not "minor impact".

> the talk was archived thus prospective contributors still have access to
> it.
>
> Setup
>
> The video setup is mostly made of software components instead of expensive
> proprietary hardware. Not surprisingly, all pieces are free software, hence

"proprietary video hardware"?!?

> one can easily make use of the video team experience without major
> expenses.
>
> Typically, there are cameras pointing to the speaker and audience,
> microphones to get audio from the speaker, audience and ambiance, as well
> as a slide capturing
> device. The video is grabbed via firewire and transfered to the
> central mixer through
> a gigabit ethernet link.

s/gigabit//

> Using the DVswitch mixer, the director in charge
> performs a live video mixing, switching between different video and audio
> inputs and is even able to do picture-in-picture displays. From the mixer
> machine, there is an uplink to the encoding server which then broadcasts to
> a worldwide network of streaming servers. The resulting mixed stream is
> saved for later archival encodings, along with redundant DV tapes
> recordings from the main cameras.
>
> Numbers
>
> The DebConf videoteam has existed since DebConf5. Its work has been used at

s/work/tools and workflows/?