Re: [Debconf-video] video volunteers wanted, too (was Re: FOSDEM: schedule , booth, and devroom volunteers)

Hi Holger!

On Thu, 14 Feb 2008 10:44:06 +0100, Holger Levsen wrote:

> Can you borrow us the laptop for the whole time? ;-) Because it's the
> most powerful one we have and it would be brilliant for mixing and
> encoding...

No problem, except that it won't have my Lenovo 100G HD, which is anyway
encrypted ;-)

Since it needs a SATA HD, I can offer two Hitachi options (both
Travelstar 5K100 [1]), a 60G or a 100G.  However, be advised that the
latter could be broken: two days ago, I plugged it via an external USB
2.0 enclosure and I partitioned the whole disk as NTFS.  During the
formatting, dmesg showed some errors and the HD started to make some
noisy and a strong click was produced: it could be the power from the
USB port.  I haven't had time yet to test it with the Hitachi DFT tool
[2], but it seems that plugging it into another desktop computer doesn't
reveal any error, but for sure I won't use it anymore for important
data.

I can install a base Debian on the HD, but please tell me ASAP (work and
real life takes most of my time lately).

> You could have an x40 for the two days in exchange :-)

Perfect, IIRC the X40 mounts IDE HD, right?  I'll prepare a temporarty
sid on one of the 2.5" IDE HDs I've, then.

> Or maybe we can/have to deal with the less powerful ones - they
> probably arrive earlier at FOSDEM and leave later, I _believe_.

FWIW, I'll arrive at BRU on Sat 23 at 08:00: I'll expect to be at the
ULB around 10:30.  I'll leave from BRU on Sun 24 at 21:55.

> And, quoting http://wiki.debian.org/FosdemVideo2008
>
> The following items are still needed:
>  * camera 1 (is davens camera suited for this?)
>  * tripod 2

I can try to find one, I'll report back on Sunday at most.

>  * new radio mic to test one for debconf8 (will order this afternoon)

About the microphones, a friend of mine can borrow me a Behringer B-2
Pro [3] and another one which I don't have the model of now.  Should I
bring them?

>  * audio cables

I've some of them, but they are normal cables (i.e. not professional
ones) and not so long.

Thx, bye,
Gismo / Luca

Footnotes: