Re: DebConf19 budget approval request

I mostly agree with lamby's questions with regards to sponsorship
projections and registration income.

For the rest:

On 2019-01-28 3:18 p.m., Antonio Terceiro wrote:
> The budget:
>
> ----------------8<----------------8<----------------8<-----------------
>      -123.152,25 USD  assets:SPI
>       157.347,86 USD  expenses
>        70.000,00 USD    bursaries
>        60.000,00 USD      bursaries
>        10.000,00 USD      diversity

Have you talked with the bursaries team about this? Do you know if they
have any goals for DC19?

>           794,33 USD    child care
>           657,69 USD    graphic materials
>            27,14 USD      banner entrance
>            84,81 USD      banner logos
>           210,26 USD      banner room
>           238,94 USD      banner signs
>            96,55 USD      poster a3
>           398,23 USD    insurance
>         1.327,42 USD    internet link

Wondering what 'internet link' is. Are we paying for a better internet
connection?

>            23,23 USD    meetings

I'm not saying you have to spend a lot of money on meetings, but this
looks more like a current balance than a budget line to me.

>        10.422,92 USD    party
>         1.327,42 USD      cheese and wine
>         9.095,49 USD      conference dinner
>        60.147,08 USD    roomboard
>        44.695,89 USD      accommodation
>        44.085,27 USD        bedrooms
>           477,87 USD        cleaning
>           132,74 USD        vegan food

Just wondering why 'vegan food' is separate from 'food'

>        15.451,19 USD      food
>        15.398,09 USD        catering
>            53,10 USD        coffee and tea
>         6.463,22 USD    swag
>         2.653,52 USD      backpack
>         3.119,44 USD      havaianas
>           597,34 USD      lanyard
>            92,92 USD      sleeve
>         2.588,47 USD    t-shirt

Is there a reason why 't-shirt' isn't under 'swag'? What is the 'sleeve'
item?

>         3.982,27 USD    travel costs for invited speaker
>           530,97 USD    venue:staff
>            12,05 USD    video

This is certainly not enough for the videoteam. For DC17 the team spent
~4.5k USD and for DC18 ~3.5k USD. We are likely to require similar
budgets for DC19.

The best thing here would be to ask the team directly how much money
they need.

Cheers!

--
      ,''`.