Re: [DebConf18] Budget Approval Request [2018-05]

Hi Chris,

> On May 9, 2018, at 11:31, Chris Lamb <lamby@debian.org> wrote:
>
> Hi Yao Wei!
>
>>         USD 70000.0    Bursaries
>>         USD 60000.0      Bursaries
>>         USD 10000.0      Diversity
>
> What would be the best way to approve this bit ASAP to unblock the
> bursary team? That would, in turn, allow people to book flights
> earlier and thus saving us money. It would also allow people to start
> organising their visas, etc.

I think you can sign and approve this part first.

>>          USD 5500.0    Content
>>          USD 5000.0      Invited Speakers
>
> Can we rename or move this section? It *looks* like we are paying the
> invited speakers to talk which — from a previous email — we are not
> doing. :)

Okay. I will update the list of budgets and change the name of this part.

>>          USD 1000.0    Miscallenous:Incidentals
>
> This feels a little low. Can a previous DC organiser chime in here?

This was written by others and since there's no reply in our spreadsheet I think this should be covered well...  Pinging pollo on this one.

>>         USD 63200.0    Roomboard
>>          USD 6000.0      Bar Beers
>
> We're paying for beer? Perhaps this is a deposit/up-front cost we
> plan to recoup?

The expected income is listed in another section:
         USD -2000.0      Bar

Though it is only 1/3 of our expense on beer.  Should we expect that attendees pay it completely?

>>       USD -108740.5    Fundraising
>>         USD -4000.0      Bronze
>>        USD -19849.0      Gold
>>        USD -17225.5      Governmental Funds
>>        USD -20000.0      Platinum
>>        USD -45000.0      Silver
>>         USD -2666.0      Supporter
>
> Woah, nice work. Congrats to all those involved in the fundraising
> efforts. :)

I actually haven't updated this yet.  We have 1-2 more sponsors.

Please sign and approve parts that are okay first (especially the bursary), and we can try adjusting few items that you have doubt with.

Best regards,
Yao Wei