Re: [DebConf18] Budget Approval Request [2018-06]

Hi,

On Fri, Jun 15, 2018 at 17:00 Chris Lamb <lamby@debian.org> wrote:
Indeed, although he did not yet reply to my first question (quoted
above) regarding people who have already been rejected. As I mention
in my response, this would seem to have implications regarding speed
of getting back to people so perhaps you can help in the meantime.

> The on-site accommodation itself is free, but it doesn't provide
> mattresses, blankets and pillows to sleep on, so without them we have to
> sleep on the hard floor.

Are you sure attendees are aware of these things? (I also note you
plan to ask everyone to bring umbrellas.)  These non-trivial
considerations don't seem to be being communicated which will
certainly affect whether some people wish to stay at the venue or even
attend whatsoever, therefore also having bursary implications.

> I am wondering if selling used things after conference is not
> appropriate here.

I still don't think I fully understand, sorry.

I mean, since the dorm doesn't provide the bed (only bed frames), we have to buy mattresses, pillows and mats for people to sleep better in the dorm. (In other words, we are dealing with this problem, instead of asking attendees to bring their stuffs to sleep on-site)

We plan to resell them to the new students in the university after the event.