Re: Initial set of pages for debconf documentation was Re: committed sponsorships, payments and balancing books of debconf events

At bottom :-

On 17/04/2018, gregor herrmann <gregoa@debian.org> wrote:
> On Mon, 16 Apr 2018 22:30:32 +0530, shirish शिरीष wrote:
>
>> The first things I realized that there doesn't seem to be any pages for
>> organising Minidebconfs and Debian sprints.
>
> Sprints are documented at https://wiki.debian.org/Sprints/
> (and they are not related to DebConf, except that DebCamp is _one_
> option to hold a sprint.)
>
>> The next thing while putting whatever I understand of the Initial bid,
>> I have written,  I do remember seeing a template for holding Debian
>> Conferences.
>
> Maybe https://wiki.debconf.org/wiki/Bid_process ?
>

> Cheers,
> gregor
>
> --
>  .''`.  https://info.comodo.priv.at -- Debian Developer
> https://www.debian.org
>  : :' : OpenPGP fingerprint D1E1 316E 93A7 60A8 104D  85FA BB3A 6801 8649
> AA06
>  `. `'  Member VIBE!AT & SPI Inc. -- Supporter Free Software Foundation
> Europe
>    `-   NP: Ry Cooder: Which Came First

Dear all,

It took sometime but was able to put all the five wiki pages at

https://wiki.debconf.org/wiki/DebConf/DebConf

See the links at the bottom for the sub-pages.

While I have done my best but there is possibility that some of the
info. is the wrong or may need a polish.

One point to be noted, I have tried to write as much as in
second-person as I find writing in third-person a bit cold and
unfeeling, both to write and read. In law, it works because it's an
abstract concept but here we are dealing with humans and dynamism. so
IMHO it doesn't work that great. I did try that method initially but
failed immediately.

@Hector - the list you shared of trusted organisations seems to be a
pretty small list,  I do remembering reading somewhere a longish list
but maybe that's old and the last list was correct. Could you or
somebody else reconfirm. If it's just 5 names, just could put a new
page tomorrow evening and add the five organisations therein.

That's all for now, good night.

--
          Regards,
          Shirish Agarwal  शिरीष अग्रवाल