Re: DebConf19 Bid decision meeting

On Thu, Jan 04, 2018 at 06:28:58PM +0200, Jonathan Carter (highvoltage) wrote:
> > there's only one bid on that page?!
> Kind of....
>
> > (and an entry under "damp run" which I'm not sure what that means,
> > literally and in this context.)
>
> It's a dry run for Bratislava (I suppose the 'damp' refers to it being
> slightly less than a dry run).

ok, so there is only one bid. thanks for clarifying.

> The meeting still needs to take place in order to ensure that the
> Curitiba bid is valid and that the rest of the checks and balances that
> occur during this meeting still happens.

sure!

>For Bratislava, this gives them
> a chance to have their bid scrutinized, even though they really intend
> to bid for next year.

frankly, I'm not sure this is sensible. It might work this year, when we
have time as there is only one bid, but normally we wont have time for
this…

also I think bid teams should be clear what they want and offer. saying
"we might be bidding but maybe not" or some such is not helpful.

also why should we invest our time in this bid if *they* are not clear
if they want to be bidding?

> Hope that helps :)

yes, thanks!

--