Re: DebConf19 Bid decision meeting

Hi Holger,

On 4 January 2018 at 17:51, Holger Levsen <holger@layer-acht.org> wrote:
>>For Bratislava, this gives them
>> a chance to have their bid scrutinized, even though they really intend
>> to bid for next year.
>
> frankly, I'm not sure this is sensible. It might work this year, when we
> have time as there is only one bid, but normally we wont have time for
> this…
>
> also I think bid teams should be clear what they want and offer. saying
> "we might be bidding but maybe not" or some such is not helpful.
>
> also why should we invest our time in this bid if *they* are not clear
> if they want to be bidding?

I'm not sure you understood it well. I want to be bidding, but
unfortunately I do realise Brasil is prepared much better, and they
have a much bigger team (mine is at the moment just myself plus a few
people who promised to help but haven't really helped yet) and even
though I probably might have managed to do it if Bratislava was the
only bid, I don't want to pretend my bid is better at the moment. I
still want to have DebConf in Bratislava, I just am realistic that it
won't happen in 2019. I still want feedback so that I can improve my
bid before the next year's bidding process so that we can actually
host DebConf in 2020.

--
Cheers,
  Andrew