Re: DebConf19 Bid decision meeting

Hi Holger

On 04/01/2018 18:16, Holger Levsen wrote:
> there's only one bid on that page?!

Kind of....

> (and an entry under "damp run" which I'm not sure what that means,
> literally and in this context.)

It's a dry run for Bratislava (I suppose the 'damp' refers to it being
slightly less than a dry run).

The meeting still needs to take place in order to ensure that the
Curitiba bid is valid and that the rest of the checks and balances that
occur during this meeting still happens. For Bratislava, this gives them
a chance to have their bid scrutinized, even though they really intend
to bid for next year.

It might seem like a bit of a rouse, but it's important to confirm that
Curitiba's bid is valid and that there are no showstoppers. Currently
the confidence in the Curitiba bid is really high though so if you want
to see it as just a confirmation meeting, I guess that's not completely
unfair, but in reality it's a bit more than that.

Hope that helps :)

-Jonathan

--
  ⢀⣴⠾⠻⢶⣦⠀  Jonathan Carter (highvoltage) <jcc>
  ⣾⠁⢠⠒⠀⣿⡁  Debian Developer - https://wiki.debian.org/highvoltage