Re: [Debconf-team] Questions for the 新竹市 Team!

On Sun, Dec 25, 2016 at 01:09:07PM -0600, Gunnar Wolf wrote:
> Now, on a different topic, visas: You provide a list of countries for
> which there is a visa waiver program. Fortunately, this covers most of
> the DebConf attendance. However, the map at the following web page
> proved interesting to me:
>
>     http://spanish.taiwan.net.tw/Article.aspx?a=17
>
> It makes sense, of course, as the countries with less relations do
> require a visa. We need visas for all of Latin America and Africa, and
> for most of Asia. Can you ellaborate on how easy/hard the process
> usually is, or an official requirements page?

The following is official documents for visa.

https://www.boca.gov.tw/mp?mp=2

> I want to add a question here: Although not that many, over the last
> few years we have got several DebConf attendees from mainland
> China. Will it be possible for them to enter Taiwan?

Shall be okay since we also have many mainland China attendees in COSCUP
and other conferences.

--
ChangZhuo Chen (陳昌倬) <czchen@debian.org>
Debian Developer (https://nm.debian.org/public/person/czchen)