Re: [Debconf-team] Suggestion for DC17+ fundraising brochure: advertising service vs. ad space

On Tue, Apr 12, 2016 at 11:54:17AM +0200, martin f krafft wrote:
> also sprach Giacomo Catenazzi <cate@debian.org> [2016-04-12 09:56 +0200]:
> > I don't think we ever sell logo space to sponsors, …
>
> You're obviously free to disagree and assume a different view of
> what we're doing, but please don't stop other people's efforts just
> because you don't see their value.

why the agression?

> Numerous sponsors have been asking specifics about the services we

how many exactly?

> But this isn't a reason why we shouldn't (always) strive to improve
> what we're doing. Please don't stand in the way just because you
> prefer to look at things differently.

again: why the aggression? Don't you think cate wants to improve things
too? "Different" is not always also better. And, well, "Experienced
fundraisers" reminds me of https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ylomy1Aw9Hk -
"Last Week Tonight with John Oliver: Congressional Fundraising" - which
nicely shows what can go very wrong with just that.

(And again, I *do* think knowing our page impressions will be useful. Just
not *that* much :)

--
cheers,
	Holger