[Debconf-team] Suggestion for DC17+ fundraising brochure: advertising service vs. ad space

Hello,

I am currently working with a bunch of highly professional
fundraisers and learning. There are also a couple of ideas to pass
along for us to consider for the next fundraising brochure(s).

The most common mistake in fundraising (which we also make) is to
sell advertising space ("logo on website"), rather than to sell the
service ("logo on website, 1,234 unique visitors /month").

With a bit of effort, I am sure we can get those numbers to
reasonable accuracy, and then include them in the next brochure.

In the hope that you find this convincing, I've started a wiki page
to collect these numbers. Please have a look to see if you can
contribute. The numbers need not be 100% accurate. For instance,
knowing that our website had ca. 20,000 hits in August 2015 is
a better data point than stating that it had 11,342 visits in March
2016.

Please do make sure to include these specifics and the source from
where you gathered the data to facilitate updating.

https://wiki.debconf.org/wiki/Fundraising/Reach

Cheers,

: :'  :  DebConf orga team
`. `'`