Re: [Debconf-team] Plan to organise a one-day workshop pre-DebConf

also sprach Didier 'OdyX' Raboud <odyx@debconf.org> [2015-07-21 16:10 +0200]:
> (Apparently the workshop.xhtml page has been removed from the
> site, that doesn't help… )

Sorry, the idea is off. You can find the text here:

  https://anonscm.debian.org/cgit/debconf-data/dc15.git/commit/website/workshop.xhtml?id=d37a7bcdb1d2fb1d88666ad21db4f6f8e84754c1

Thanks for your mail. I think you hit the nail on the head when you
mentioned trust. We've established I miscommunicated this quite
a bit, but other than that, people seem to immediately focus on the
negative aspects, and individual interests, rather than taking
a step back and assessing the idea more objectively.

> That's a procedural problem; I, for one, would welcome more of
> these workshops, but they should probably be managed through (and
> in collaboration with) the DebConf Team, rather than
> independently. That's exactly the discussion we're having now,
> though.

Eventually, yes. For now I'd say we should actually concentrate on
fixing the numerous problems we have with DebConf and dc-orga. For
me, it was clear from the start that we'd have to organise this
ourselves as dc-team was too busy.

: :'  :  DebConf orga team
`. `'`
  `-  DebConf15: Heidelberg, Germany: http://debconf15.debconf.org