Re: [Debconf-team] Plan to organise a one-day workshop pre-DebConf

also sprach Didier 'OdyX' Raboud <me@odyx.org> [2015-07-17 17:20 +0200]:
> The only minor thing is that I would allow regular Deb{Conf,Camp}
> attendees to attend it for no additional cost.

If people are interested in contributing to such workshops, please
get in touch.

We certainly need not discuss cost. Explicitly: it should go without
saying that a Debian representative doesn't pay. The offer is to
businesses and they should pay. And yes, we are also looking to
benefit from it for Debian, which might thus get better, and so
businesses should pay. ;)

However, there are two considerations that aren't just easily
brushed away, IMHO:

  1. language… the last workshop was in German and we planned this
     one to be German too, simply because not everyone in our target
     group is comfortable engaging in discussions in English, and
     hence group work would suffer.

  2. group size… we want a small number of small groups engaging in
     group work. Therefore, open-to-anyone doesn't work on these
     kinds of workshops as the number of seats is strictly limited.

As said before, if you're interested in these workshops because you
either want to contribute or run your own, get in touch.

: :'  :  DebConf orga team
`. `'`
  `-  DebConf15: Heidelberg, Germany: http://debconf15.debconf.org
      DebConf16: Cape Town: https://wiki.debconf.org/wiki/DebConf16