Re: [Debconf-team] VoIP info

On Sat, Jul 18, 2015 at 8:37 PM, Philip Hands <phil@hands.com> wrote:

> BTW what's the deal with outbound calls and sipgate?
>
> Would they be OK with us just letting people make any calls they feel
> like, as we have in the past (mostly via my desk phone in a hacklab)?

We have a "budget" in our account and they will keep increasing it.
They don't really care what we do as long as it's useful for the
conference.

While we need to provide payment data, it's an internal test account
which can not generate invoices, so unless we hit their abuse
triggers...

> We'd probably need to set up some infrastructure for that.  It would be
> cool to let people use their SIP addresses for outbound too.

"let"? It's plain Internet, no one is stopping anyone from doing anything.

> BTW I can bring my Snom desk phone.

Please do.

Richard