[Date Prev][Date Next] [Thread Prev][Thread Next] [Date Index] [Thread Index]

[Debconf-team] DebConf17 bids - DebConf Committee

Dear DebConf Team,

Please be aware that the DebConf17 bids deadline has now passed and that 
there are two bidders:

- Prague - https://wiki.debconf.org/wiki/DebConf17/Bids/Prague
- Montreal - https://wiki.debconf.org/wiki/DebConf17/Bids/Montreal

As announced in [1], I have now contacted all "Current members" from [0] 
to check whether they would keep serving on the DebConf Committee. I 
hope to hear from them all before the end of the year [2].

The next steps here are to schedule the two meetings according to [3]. 
Given my own VAC restrictions, I would like to aim for these dates:

	* Bid status meeting
		around the Jan 9-10 week-end (ideally Saturday 9)

	* Venue decision meeting 
		in the Jan 18-22 week (ideally Wednesday 20)

I suggest to proceed this way: if there are blockers, for the two Bid 
teams or some DebConf Committee members, please voice them on the list 
now! We should really be able to decide on these dates before the end of 
this year (although, given [2], someone else should probably step in to 
actually decide on the dates).

In any case, all interested parties are invited to read all the 
documentation put up by the Bid Teams, and ask all relevant questions on 
the DebConf-Team list, starting… now!


[0] https://wiki.debconf.org/wiki/DebConf_Committee
[2] Although I'll be afk from Dec 21 to Jan 2.
[3] https://wiki.debconf.org/wiki/Bid_process#Venue_decision

Attachment: signature.asc
Description: This is a digitally signed message part.

Reply to: