Re: [Debconf-team] DebConf17 bids - DebConf Committee

Didier 'OdyX' Raboud dijo [Wed, Dec 16, 2015 at 06:07:22PM +0100]:
> Dear DebConf Team,
>
> Please be aware that the DebConf17 bids deadline has now passed and that
> there are two bidders:
> (...)
> I suggest to proceed this way: if there are blockers, for the two Bid
> teams or some DebConf Committee members, please voice them on the list
> now! We should really be able to decide on these dates before the end of
> this year (although, given [2], someone else should probably step in to
> actually decide on the dates).

Hi all,

As Didier said already replying to Steve, I am among the people
responding "yes" to the call. There is one bit that I do feel
important: We can reach a consensus as to which bid is more apt in our
eyes, but formally, we don't have a delegated body to make things
formal. According to the current delegation, the decision must be
taken between the Committee and the Chairs — Which don't currently
exist.

So, we must come up with a decision on that regard.