Re: [Debconf-team] Press Coverage: MyBroadband.co.za

also sprach Laura Arjona Reina <larjona@larjona.net> [2015-10-06 10:52 +1300]:
> 1.- When we publish announcements (CfP, for example), blog posts,
> news in the website, we send the URLs to the media so they mirror
> or write about them (this, I'm not sure how it was done last year
> (Did somebody sent the links to Heise.de (the German Slashdot)?).

We published blog posts and stuff, but it was always clear that we'd
have "the one press release", which we wanted to push in May. Given
how well we filled the venue, I think it was fortunate that the
release did not make it out until when it did. But for DC16, I think
it'd be good to aim for an earlier release.

Once we had the text written, we put it on a website, slapped a date
on it and informed the media about it. Some picked it up, and it was
especially through FSFE's help that we managed to reach the right
people without much effort on our side.

Maybe mybroadband.co.za can be the same sort of amplifier.

: :'  :  DebConf orga team
`. `'`
  `-  DebConf16: Cape Town: https://wiki.debconf.org/wiki/DebConf16
      DebConf17 in your country? https://wiki.debconf.org/wiki/DebConf17