Re: [Debconf-team] About swimming in Neckar

Hi Christian,

On Fri, Aug 07, 2015 at 05:31:28PM +0200, Christian PERRIER wrote:
> Quoting Andreas Tille (andreas@an3as.eu):
> > Hi,
> >
> > I vaguely remember that somewhere on a debconf list was mentioned that
> > you can go swimming in the nearby pool or in Neckar.  Since I'd like
> > to go swimming everywhere I checked the Neckar-Option and found the
> > following German information:
> >
> >    http://www.rnz.de/nachrichten/metropolregion_artikel,-Gesundheitsamt-raet-vom-Baden-im-Neckar-ab-_arid,112400.html
> >
> > which says "rather don't go swimming in Neckar".  I'm not sure whether
> > this will keep me outside but I think we should somehow provide this
> > information to the DebCOnf attendees to make at least an informed
> > decision.
>
> Don't tell me that such "warning" will prevent you from swimming in
> Neckar. In about every DC location I've been at and where you were, I
> saw you swimming (usually at hours that the average geek would call
> "crazy"), so I can't even imagine that Andreas won't swim at
> DC15....:-)

Sure I'll swim in Heidelberg.  But other people should simply have a
chance to draw an educated decision to follow me or not.  In any case
I'll not create a beach map as in 2013 since I think it is not a good
idea to drag in people when officials think it is not a good idea.

Kind regards

    Andreas.

--
http://fam-tille.de