Re: [Debconf-team] Food [Re: Registration questions]

also sprach Giacomo Catenazzi <cate@debian.org> [2015-02-25 09:52 +0100]:
> No. Having no default is not acceptable for registration people.
>     It cause us to send many many mails to remember people to set
>     something sensible.

As others have pointed out: unless a choice is made, the
registration cannot be completed. I think that alleviates your
concern, doesn't it?

also sprach Philip Hands <phil@hands.com> [2015-02-25 10:16 +0100]:
> In that case, how about making the default option:
>
>   I will be happy eat whatever is provided (see catering notes).
>
> then if people fail to express themselves and subsequently try to
> complian they just get pointed at that setting and told that they should
> have chosen something else.

Also an interesting proposal, which would make it:

  At DebConf15, we will be serving a variety of foods, sourced
  mostly from regional partners, and featuring local as well as
  non-local dishes. The baseline will be vegetarian and meat/fish
  shall be served as a side dish. Special requirements will be
  catered to without exception, if at all possible.

  Food preferences:
    * I will be happy to eat whatever is provided [default]
    * I am lacto-ovo vegetarian, don't provide meat/fish for me
    * I am strict vegetarian (vegan), don't provide any animal products for me
    * Other (please use field below to let us know)

  Additional notes and restrictions — please be as concrete as
  possible and avoid from abusing this field. If any questions
  arise, please contact the organisers:

: :'  :  DebConf orga team
`. `'`
  `-  DebConf15: Heidelberg, Germany: http://debconf15.debconf.org