Re: [Debconf-team] Food [Re: Registration questions]

El 25/02/15 a las 09:52, Giacomo Catenazzi escribió:
> On 25.02.2015 07:53, martin f krafft wrote:
> > also sprach Santiago Ruano Rincón <santiago@debian.org> [2015-02-24 23:41 +0100]:
> >> <santiago> what about not having a default about food?  the diet field
> >> could be mandatory, with an empty option by default
> >> <santiago> a real *-tagged field
> >
> > I think this is the best suggestion so far. Form data with defaults
> > are less useful than data from forms that force people to stop and
> > think, so this should be a net gain.
>
> No. Having no default is not acceptable for registration people. It
> cause us to send many many mails to remember people to set something
> sensible. We ping them in IRC, we lost communications [timezones], we
> have bounced mails [so do we need to cancel entire registrations?], etc.
> [pentabarf had empty fields as default, so this is a real concern]

Do you think you'd have that problem if the Diet is *really* mandatory?
People wouldn't be allowed to register if they don't choose a non-empty
option from the list.

I highlight that I'm using "Diet" instead of "Dietary restrictions" or
preferences/requirements.

And sorry, I don't know nothing about summit. I don't know if this would
be feasible now.

Santiago