Re: [Debconf-team] Food [Re: Registration questions]

On 25.02.2015 07:53, martin f krafft wrote:
> also sprach Santiago Ruano Rincón <santiago@debian.org> [2015-02-24 23:41 +0100]:
>> <santiago> what about not having a default about food?  the diet field
>> could be mandatory, with an empty option by default
>> <santiago> a real *-tagged field
>
> I think this is the best suggestion so far. Form data with defaults
> are less useful than data from forms that force people to stop and
> think, so this should be a net gain.

No. Having no default is not acceptable for registration people. It
cause us to send many many mails to remember people to set something
sensible. We ping them in IRC, we lost communications [timezones], we
have bounced mails [so do we need to cancel entire registrations?], etc.
[pentabarf had empty fields as default, so this is a real concern]

So let's us [registration] to think that the fields are properly filled,
and worrying about all other registration stuffs. [/me cannot ignore a
wrong form]

ciao
	cate