Re: [Debconf-team] Draft schedule format

On 17.02.2015 15:59, Margarita Manterola wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Tue, Feb 17, 2015 at 1:28 PM, Santiago Ruano Rincón
> <santiago@debian.org> wrote:

>> I would agree also for ending breakfast earlier (but I see in titanpad
>> that people objected). Another option would be to announce the info at
>> 10:00, in the plenary room and take this into account in schedule/events
>> time.
>> What do you think?
>
> I think this is making our mornings way too short. The point of the
> raffle and announcements was to give people an incentive to be there
> early.  If we push everything later, we are reducing the slots way too
> much, in my opinion.

Could you tell me what it is supposed to happens in the short daily plenary?

I like the idea, but I doubt we can raise enough attention to have
attendees.

Anyway video-team members cannot participate. I think also speakers will
be in the appropriate room to test equipment.  I expect some attendees
will search good places in the room (aka near electric sockets).

And if it only an announcement session (also a raffle IMHO will not help
much), after two days most of attendee will skip it. [5 minutes to enter
in the room, 5 minutes to listen announcements and 5 minutes to go to
next talk room, gaining exit as quick as possible...]

So if you cannot attract much attention, I think it is waste of time to
digress about breakfast schedule.  Or you have positive example on other
conferences?

Before or during dinner could have some more attendees and attention
[what I could skip tomorrow?, so letting me to sleep more], but never
100% of attendees.

Note: to have most people on group photo, the usual debconf method is to
detach network. In the morning I think it will not suffice: this is DebConf!

ciao
	cate