Re: [Debconf-team] Question to Cape Town team: transportation to/from the venue

Hi Margarita (2015.01.17_19:52:09_+0200)
> So, instead of this piece of unhelpful information, I'd like to
> request that you add information as to how to get to and from the
> venue, both for the airport and for going into the city center.

The bus sentence has been removed, and the public transport section of
the page, beefed up.
https://wiki.debconf.org/wiki/DebConf16/Bids/Cape_Town#Public_Transport

> If we are going to be taking taxis, please add info as to how much
> they would cost and how we would get them (i.e. are there any caveats
> at taking taxis at the airport, do they just go by the venue or would
> we need to call them, etc).

No caveats. It's an airport with a taxi rank. Uber estimates R100-150,
(€7-11) to UCT upper campus. This will be competitive with local taxis. I
wouldn't expect to may more than R200 (€16), unless you arrive in
morning rush hour.

We have got several quotes for shuttles:
https://wiki.debconf.org/wiki/DebConf16/Bids/Cape_Town/venue_details#Transport_jottings
Our preferred option would probably be UCT's own student shuttle system
(Jammie shuttles), but we haven't managed to get a meeting with them.

SR

--
Stefano Rivera
  http://tumbleweed.org.za/