[Debconf-team] Questions about the Cape Town bid

Dear all,

do I understand correctly that save for the day trip and conference
dinner, UCT Upper Campus is self-contained and would allow us to stay
on-campus 24/7?
How far are Jammie Hall, Leslie 2a, and Snape LT1 by foot and other means?

I don't think it's good to have per-user logins managed by the
university; can we get confirmation that setting up our own eduroam
realm would be OK?
Even better if we could establish our own SSID on their infrastructure.

Is it possible to get firewall exemptions? At least for our servers,
better for just everyone.

Are the same assumptions/answers correct for UCT Breakwater?

How does external catering compare to in-house catering, price-wise?
It seems as if external is quite a bit more expensive. Is this due to
missing infrastructure or just negotiations? To put it another way,
what is a realistic guess of food cost for UCT Upper Campus?

If you could choose the DebConf date freely, would UCT Upper Campus be
available during other times as well?

In general, I think you have a preference order of

1) UCT Upper Campus
2) TechnoPark
3) UCT Breakwater

is this correct?

How likely are you to work on developing 2) and 3)? Are they backups
in case UCT Upper Campus does not work out or are they possibilities
in their own right?

Thanks a lot for your work,
Richard