[Debconf-team] Question to Montreal Team: Prices for lodging

Hi,

I'm looking at the venue pages for the Montreal bid and the prices for
accommodation are perhaps not clear enough

>From https://wiki.debconf.org/wiki/DebConf16/Bids/Montreal/Venues/McGill:

Many of them seem to cost the same for a single or a double room, is
that correct? I assume this means that the price is per room
regardless of how many people are there, and so it would be half the
price per person per room if we use double.  Please say if this is
correct.

If that's the case, converting to USD (assuming the prices are in
CAD), the prices per person per room would be:
La Citadelle: 57 USD
Carrefour Sherbrooke: 52 USD
New Residence Hall: 43 USD
Royal Victoria College: 31 USD (double), 27 USD (triple)

The first three seem quite high for the prices we are used to paying
during DebConf, while the last one is more similar but still high
(taking into account that it doesn't include food).  Do you know how
many beds we can get on each of these?

For https://wiki.debconf.org/wiki/DebConf16/Bids/Montreal/Venues/UQAM,
looking at the university residence page, it seems to imply that each
bed is between 62 USD and 44 USD, depending on how many other people
share the appartment... Is that correct?  These prices seem again
quite high, am I getting this wrong?

Normally, we try hard to aim to have a price of per person per night
of 20 to 30 USD. And I don't see that being possible with the cited
lodgings... Am I missing something? If so, please add it to the page
and clarify.

The Concordia Venue seems very much not-done.  Do you still think we
should consider it?  Would we get better rates there?

--
Besos,
Marga