Re: [Debconf-team] Q for Cape Town bid: local team

On 01/05/2015 09:26 AM, Martín Ferrari wrote:

> So, my questions:
> * What would be the list of people we can really consider local (as
> opposed to regular orga folk that are really interested in this bid), and

The truly local people represent a good mix of Debian experience and
local conference organization experience:

- Bernelle Verster (extensive experience organizing conferences in Cape
Town (TEDx), partner is DM so she's a lot more familiar with Debian
culture than it might appear at first glance)
- Graham Inggs (DM, on IT staff at first choice facility)
- Jonathan Carter (Debian package maintainer)
- Nigel Kukard (DM)
- Raoul Snyman (DM)
- Neil Muller (Debian package maintainer)
- Simon Cross (organized PyConZA in Cape Town)
- Adrianna Pińska (part of Cape Town LUG organizing committee)
- Marc Welz
- Jan Groenewald

Remote:
- Stefano Rivera (DD)
- Allison Randal (DM)
- Nattie Mayer-Hutchings (NM process)
- Martin Krafft (DD)
- Hannes von Haugwitz (DD)

> * Who are the people driving this effort. (I would appreciate if
> Montreal also answers this last question).

Everyone listed above has been involved in the bid in one way or
another. The most active drivers are Bernelle, Graham, Jonathan,
Stefano, and Allison.

Bernelle, I have to say, has been an absolute rock star through the
whole process. I wouldn't be at all surprised to see her come in as a
non-uploading DD in a couple of years, like Nattie and Patty Langasek
before her. So, don't forget how many people have become key community
members in Debian by organizing a DebConf, even if they weren't
well-known before. :)

Allison