[Debconf-team] Q for Cape Town bid: local team

Hi all,

Since the presentation of the DC16 bids there has not been much
activity, so I thought I would help release the post-holiday sleepiness
with this.. Please, remember that the bid decision affect us all, so
start reading the bids and make sure to question everything that might
be a problem!

~~~~~

We all know how intensive is the on-the-ground work of the local team,
not only during the conference, but months before that. Even when we had
"weak" local teams in the past, there was always a number of core local
people (with N=1 sometimes) who drove the process, interfaced with the
rest of orga, and generally made it happen.

I see that there are some well known DebConf members in the list, but
they are not strictly local. Looking at those that live in Cape Town, I
haven't met or interacted with any of them. This worries me.

So, my questions:
* What would be the list of people we can really consider local (as
opposed to regular orga folk that are really interested in this bid), and
* Who are the people driving this effort. (I would appreciate if
Montreal also answers this last question).

Thanks, Tincho.

--
Martín Ferrari (Tincho)