Re: [Debconf-team] thank you and thanks for all the fish

Hi Holger + team,

I cannot say reading this mail surprises me... As signs of burnout
have been more than obvious for a long time already. And the people
reading this already know my stand on this, so I will take the
opportunity and to the same now:

--------
I am formally stepping down as a DebConf chair, effective immediately.
--------

I have also been involved with DebConf organization at least for eight
editions. I *will* continue to be invovled (I'm not unsubscribing or
ceasing to consider myself part of the orga team). I have acquired
DC14 specific responsabilities, which I will carry out the best way I
can. And I expect to continue to be around for DC15.

But I have too many projects on my dish right now, and I cannot commit
enough time to be a Chair anymore.

I have long enjoyed being part of this little team, the debconf-chairs
thingy. I consider Holger and Moray among my dearest, closest friends
in Debian (and that's not something minor to say). I do think that a
good part of our job was very good and productive for Debian and for
DebConf, so no, the delegation was not an error - But when things
started running bad and we started feeling some of the unintended side
effects of this structure, we didn't act fast enough. And then, we
just let it rot. For the whole past year, I don't think our presence
or "qualified opinion" has served for much.

Anyway, Holger, hugs and best wishes. And thanks and congratulations
for having the courage of taking this important first step.