Re: [Debconf-team] thank you and thanks for all the fish

I would like to thank Holger and Gunnar for the all the work they have
done for DebConf over the last years.  Both of them have put a huge
amount of their time and energy into DebConf over a long period, and
helped it grow and become more useful to Debian and for free software
more generally.

I am glad to hear that both Holger and Gunnar plan to carry on working on specific areas of DebConf, so that we won't lose access to their valuable
experience, even if they no longer want to continue as chairs.  Besides
their general work on DebConf, I would note particularly that Gunnar
somehow did the local organisation for DebConf6 almost by himself, while
Holger has been key in giving us our current amazing standard of video
coverage for DebConf events.

For clarity, I should perhaps state that I am not resigning myself.
Expect to hear more from me on DebConf organisation soon, but I don't
think that it is urgent that we appoint new chairs or announce changes in structure *today*. DebConf14 is making good progress, and I was glad to see registration open on time on a new system. Unfortunately I can't, in
the end, make it to the DebConf15 Heidelberg meeting, but I had a
phone call directly with Martin earlier today, and will be available
remotely during the weekend if it's useful.

With best wishes to Holger and Gunnar for finding fun ways to fill their
newly freed-up time,

--
Moray