Re: [Debconf-team] thank you and thanks for all the fish

> I'm sorry we as chairs (also) failed at fixing this mess and I'm
> still proud of the things we achieved when I was part of
> debconf-team, however that was defined.

First of all: you and your dedication are major reasons for me to
still be involved with DebConf, or to be involved again, or
whatever. Given recent heated debates, this may not seem like a good
thing to you, right now. However, I promise to you that I have not
forgotten the hours of sitting on balconies at DC13 and listening to
each others' ideas and concerns. And yes, I would still like to hang
out in Hamburg in the near future. We don't have to discuss too much
DebConf either.

Second, I do not think the chairs (or anyone) failed. DebConf is
evolving, and while it should be our utmost goal to stay true to our
values and "celebrate the challenges" and our achievements, we
should also not stand in our own way.

Who knows where we would be if it hadn't been for the great work by
the chairs. But I think time has shown that the chairs delegation
itself isn't optimal, and we should not be afraid to move on.

I sincerely hope that you'll be a part of this move, as a "wizard"
or just as h01ger, and that we can turn to you in the coming months
for advice, whenever we need to draw upon your experience.

I don't believe you anyway when you say you'll tune out! ;)

--
 .''`.   martin f. krafft <madduck@debconf.org>
: :'  :  DebConf orga team