Re: [Debconf-team] DebConf governance & 'Debian Deutschland' name and TO status

Hi Lucas,

As you don't seem to willing to change the current frustrating setup,
please consider the following 2 changes to it:

* Delegation of chairs per DebConf period:
Currently DC15 is in the hot phase of setting up and signing contracts
and other important issues from Debian's PoV.
At the same time, DC14 has opened registration and some real world
problem will need to be solved and it will become worse as we're
approaching the conference.

If we had DebConf15 chairs, they could be involved from the beginning
without having to bother about DC14 at the same time

* Add at least one member of the local organizing team to the chairs
This helps to prevent a split in the organisation, will help to keep
the chairs informed about current problems and the organizing team
about the chairs concerns. This would also help to have shorter
feedback loops, when time is critical.

Philipp