Re: [Debconf-team] German two-bid strategy

also sprach Gunnar Wolf <gwolf@gwolf.org> [2014-03-06 18:52 +0100]:
> Umf... Remember that for DC13 a lot of teeth-gnashing (to put it VERY
> mildly) erupted because at some point there was the discussion whether
> Le Camp would be the right venue.

It was. It paid off to trust the local team. And yes, the Latvians
were surprised by this, but since DC13, nobody should be surprised
that this is a valable and promising strategy.

> Still, we had a huge flamefest while considering a backup site.

And we learned from that, so no need to repeat.

--
 .''`.   martin f. krafft <madduck@debconf.org>
: :'  :  DebConf orga team

"montag, why do you burn books?"
"it's a job like any other, pay is good and there is a lot of variety."
                                                -- ray bradbury (f451)