Re: [Debconf-team] Updates regarding the Swedish bid

On Tue, Mar 04, 2014 at 07:17:11PM +0100, martin f krafft wrote:
> also sprach Ana Guerrero Lopez <ana@debian.org> [2014-03-04 18:38 +0100]:

> > DC16 is closer :)

> Assuming we get equivalent bids from the Americas and Scandinavia
> for DC16, would the committee favour the former because
> traditionally, {DCx | x%2==0} has been on the other side of the
> ocean?

The fundamental thought process behind having DebConf transition between the
2 hemispheres is to make it a little more reasonable for more Debian
Developers to be able to make a conference that otherwise wouldn't be able
to attend because of travel issues.

I think if we don't have a strong "Americas" bid for DC16, we should
certainly entertain any genuine and viable options, but I sincerely prefer
alternating as we have been doing.

That said, I think an Asia or Australian bid should be considered regardless
of what year cycle we're on.

Patty

Patty Langasek
harmoney@dodds.net

At times, you may end up far away from home; you may not be
sure of where you belong, anymore. But home is always
there... because home is not a place. It's wherever your
passion takes you.
                                --- J. Michael Straczynski