Re: [Debconf-team] DebConf dinner: which style

Hi Richard,

On 2014-12-05 01:55, Richard Hartmann wrote:
Dear all,

for both sizing and pricing information, we need to nail down a few specifics.

I think we all agree that it will be

* sit-down
* in one common room/area

but do we want:

* a la carte
* pre-selected menu
* large common plates on each table to pick from
* buffet

Personally, I am leaning towards common plates or buffet as that's
more lively and the latter increases mingling and interaction. It also
solves the problem of portions which are too small/large, etc.

That's also my opinion.

Another point I'd like to bring is the 'ritual' part of the dinner. I've really missed that in the recent conferences. I remember it in my first DebConfs, where we had a short speech from the DPL (and by anyone willing to talk) opening the dinner. This was quite special, we all together in a so positive energy... we need that :) I know it doesn't depend only on local logistics, but in part it does (eg. try to wait for ~everybody arrival before serving, improvising a stage etc).

--
tiago