Re: [Debconf-team] RFC: (Hopefully) Last draft of the dc15 sponsorship brochure

Hi all,

First of all, I want to say that I really like the brochure. I think it
has a very nice structure, and makes a compelling case for sponsoring
the conference.

Now, to the other things :-)

I agree with Steve on all his comments, specially with the opinion about
the C&W part; and I would extend my doubts about sponsoring to the rest
of the social events.

It seems to me that we are trying to increase the money we collect more
than what we might need, with the risk of losing a bit of the soul of
DebConf, or even make our sponsors think that we are being greedy.

I think the job fair may be a good way to get more sponsors on board,
and perhaps that we should limit our innovations until we see how that
goes.. Maybe we don't need more money than that?

In my opinion, I would slash all these extra perks.

About the raffle, if we are going to make it official, I like the idea
of moving the actual raffle to something that DC controls; and I would
probably set some rules on what can be done. For example, I would forbid
the raffle to require being there to claim the prize. That's forcing
people to pay attention to the raffle, when they might be doing
something else.

Lastly, a few bug reports:

Missing "of":

"Your contribution makes it possible for us to bring together a large
number {+of+} Debian contributors from [..]"

I don't think this is true, the DebConf money is Debian money and we
cannot earmark it for the next DebConf:

"Any surpluses will be legally bound to be used for the organisation of
future, non-profit Debian conferences."

The two paragraphs under "tax-deductible donations" are unclear, they
seem to be written separately and they repeat themselves. The thing
about having to make an invoice does not make sense to me, although
maybe that is because I am not an accountant :-)

The photo credits are not current: it mentions dc13 group photo, and
lacks the credits for the orga photo.

--
Martín Ferrari (Tincho)