Re: [Debconf-team] Subsidised bar prices

Hi,

On Thu, Sep 4, 2014 at 9:48 PM, Marcelo Gutierrez <mmgc84@gmail.com> wrote:
> Is this policy definitive? When was this decided?

The hostel (Jugendherberge in German) is part of a group of hostels
that have this policy, i.e. the policy comes "from above" and is not
something that can be changed.  We did not decide on this policy, we
can only accept it, the same way that we could only accept this year
that there were certain places were drinking was not allowed.

We got them to agree on letting us do the Cheese & Wine party, and in
general they most likely won't be in our way if we want to bring
something inconspicuous in, but if we bring a noticeable amount of
food or drinks, it could be a problem.

As mentioned, €3 for a half-liter beer in a bar is quite a good price.
If you were to go to a supermarket and buy beer yourself, you would
get it a bit cheaper, but you would not have a place to keep it cold.

We will also make sure that they provide a variety of snacks at a
decent price, so that people don't feel the need to buy them outside.

If there is a particular snack or beverage that people think might be
important to provide for at the bar, please let us know so that we can
make sure it's available.

--
Besos,
Marga