[Debconf-team] Subsidised bar prices

Folks,

At DC13, where a drink was to cost 4 CHF (~$4.50), there was an
outcry among the participants, resulting in the subsidy of drinks at
the bar by the organisers.

What happened this year? The prices at the Rogue¹ were higher than
in Switzerland, and yet, the bar was generally full, and plenty of
us went to town, where the prices weren't cheaper.

Did you witness much exclusion? Did people resort to drinking in
their rooms? Or are drink prices not something we need to worry too
much about (and the outcry at DC13 was related to the general
situation)?

Obviously I am asking in the context of DC15, where the options are
going to be lower. At 3€ (~$4) per beer on-site, need we even plan
for drink subsidies?

¹) Instead of increasing their flexibility and staff after we
informed them of our impending arrival, the Rogue actually upped
their prices for DebConf from $5 to $5.75. Bastards.

: :'  :  DebConf orga team
`. `'`
  `-  DebConf15: Heidelberg, Germany: http://debconf15.debconf.org
      DebConf16 in your country? https://wiki.debconf.org/wiki/DebConf16