Re: [Debconf-team] [Debconf-announce] First videos are now online

On Thu, Sep 04, 2014 at 09:55:59AM -0700, Steve Langasek wrote:
> On Thu, Sep 04, 2014 at 05:27:46PM +0200, Richard Hartmann wrote:
> > On Thu, Sep 4, 2014 at 5:23 AM, Carl Karsten <carl@nextdayvideo.com> wrote:
> > > the good news is the string and summit db key is here:
> > > http://veyepar.nextdayvideo.com/main/C/debian/S/debconf14.json

> > > "slug": "HPs_OpenStack_Helion_Debian_all_the_way_down",
> > > "conf_url":
> > > "https://summit.debconf.org/debconf14/meeting/134/hps-openstack-helion-debian-all-the-way-down/";,
> > > "conf_key": "134",

> > > "state": 3 or above are the videos that have been encoded and I expect to
> > > find them in
> > >   http://meetings-archive.debian.net/pub/debian-meetings/2014/debconf14/

> > As I said on IRC a few times, I still think it would make sense to
> > prefix this ID to all talk names. Though, arguably, the longer this
> > does not happen, the less use it is.

> From the point of view of what I'm trying to achieve (auto-generate deep
> links from summit to the correct video files), it would be far preferable
> for the file name to encode *only* the event ID, and not the name at all.

> Would it be possible to provide these as compatibility links on the server?

And specifically, I don't want summit to have to poll a json file on
veyepar.nextdayvideo.com to construct the links to the videos on
meetings-archive.debian.net.  These links should be static and predictable,
and not depend on an external resource that may be a one-off from the POV of
DebConf (since it's not clear to me that Carl will be involved in video for
DC15, or if it's decided that we will use veyepar next year, or that the
schema for finding the json files themselves is in any way stable).

Thanks,