Re: [Debconf-team] Introduction for newcomers talk?

On Sun, Aug 17, 2014 at 03:33:28PM -0700, Steve Langasek wrote:

> If we *are* trying to squeeze this into the opening talk, I'd much rather
> bring you guys on stage for that part and let you handle it.

Cool! I'm happy to help, and I don't think the opening talk would be the
right place for it. Last year we had a one hour long session and it was
about the right time.

What we did was an introduction with a few principles for a safe
environment (no means no, what to do if one feels uncomfortable, what to
expect), then a mix of old-timers telling tales of old debconfs, and
newcomers telling how they got there and what they expect. Informal
setting, no cameras.

We had a full room even if it was organised just a few hours before, so
something worked quite well in advertising it.

I still have the notes from last year, so i don't need any preparation.

I'll land in PDX tomorrow at 11:34am: I propose that we just talk about
it tomorrow afternoon.

Enrico

--
GPG key: 4096R/E7AD5568 2009-05-08 Enrico Zini <enrico@enricozini.org>