Re: [Debconf-team] Introduction for newcomers talk?

On Sun, Aug 17, 2014 at 05:20:41PM +0200, Enrico Zini wrote:
> On Sun, Aug 17, 2014 at 01:33:04PM +0200, martin f krafft wrote:

> > In any case, we can just organise it ourselves without the schedule.
> > I am also available for this, Enrico. What do you think about
> > announcing this for Saturday, 13:00, either in a room, or in
> > a common space?

> If the organisers said that they are taking care of this in their
> introduction speech, then I'm more than happy to let them do it.

I don't think that's at all what was said.  The talks team are not, TTBOMK,
the ones giving the opening talk, and this feedback that this is something
that should be taken care of during the opening talk was not shared with the
wider debconf team.

If we *are* trying to squeeze this into the opening talk, I'd much rather
bring you guys on stage for that part and let you handle it.